Friday, December 19, 2008

Nanny McAlston

Ok so I've been horrible on here lately, but I've been really busy I swear! I figured I better tell you all what I'm up to so that I can answer all of your questions at once! I have just accepted a position as a nanny in Connecticut. Ok what to say about it... I'm going to nanny for a family in Norwalk, CT. It's a single mother, the father died last year of cancer. 3 kids, 8 year old Female, 6 year old Male, 4 year old Female. The mom works T/W/Th, I work Monday through Saturday Morning, I have evenings, most of Saturday, and all of Sunday off. I'll be a live-in so I'll have my own room and share a bathroom with the kids. I met the family at the beginning of December, I flew to CT on a Friday morning and came back on a Sunday night. It was scary at first but it went really well and I really liked them, cute kids, not spoiled at all... Umm.... What else do you want to know?! One cool thing is that they're an hour away from New York City so I can go there whenever I want, plus they're pretty close to the Ocean so I just need to get friends who have toys (aka boats, jet skis, etc). It should be a really good experience, I feel good about it and so does my family. I'm definitely in for an adventure!Oh yeah, I'll be starting at the end of the month, my family is going to New York City for Christmas so I just decided that I wouldn't fly home with them I would just go up there since it was an hour away and I would be going a few days later anyways...so that's when I start...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaimie that is so awesome! I am waaay excited for you--it really will be an adventure! Too bad you can't come and be a nanny for me when I start nursing school! Good luck with everything!

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

Well we will all miss you for sure!! Your going to need to keep your blog updated so we can see what your new life is up too! Your going to have so much fun and learn alot about yourself! I will miss you Jaimie!!

Kasey said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! What a great adventure to have under your belt. I think everyone should have to move away sometime before they get married. Great memories to have down the road.

Devon Johnson said...

Hey jaimie. Thats so crazy that you are going to be leaving here. good luck when you do leave.

Staci said...

WOW!!! I guess you are already there then!?! I want to hear more updates when you are over there. Hopefully you have FUN! I was a nanny for a few different families & LOVED it!

Danielle said...

Jaimie, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you and your "little" adventure. How long will you be out there? (Maybe you'll come home with an accent...that'd be pretty sweet.)

My Loyal Followers