Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

So I just had probably the funnest New Years Eve/Day I've ever had! I'm here in Connecticut living with the family I'm going to be nannying for for the next year and I've only been here since Monday so of course I have no plans for New Years because well I have no friends! So the mom I work for invited me to go with her family to go to a friends house for all the festivities, I was happy to be included! Well we probably got to their house around 5pm on New Years Eve and it was fun because I was immediately welcomed into the group, they were soooo nice! One of the women was I guess Rosalind's (the mom I work for) roommate in college and that's how she knows her, but it was her husbands family that we were with, I think there were 3 brothers and their wives and kids and then their parents and aunt and uncle. It was so fun because we played games, watched movies, and ate food, while the kids just ran around playing with the other kids. Now for any of you who know me at all, you know I LOVE playing games, well let's just say that I was always playing some sort of game, gotta love it! Well we stayed up to midnight toasted our champagne/sparkling cider (guess which I had...) and it was so weird to think that I was watching the ball drop at Times Square live, I mean I usually watch it two hours later, not used to being so close to NYC... Well after midnight we were really tired so we all went to our assigned rooms and spent the night there. Thanks to some friends who sent me text messages after AZ new year time...ugh...I was sleeping!!! Some of those kids were up soooo early! But we got up had breakfast and started playing games again! They were so surprised that I knew a lot of the games they did, they said they didn't know anyone else who knew how to play "Settler's Of Catan" and they were surprised that I knew almost every single one of their games, they play Mexican train a little different though then I'm used to, I told them that my rules must be the right ones because I live closer to Mexico, somehow they didn't care...and then I taught them quite a few like Skip-bo, Mille Bournes, etc... We stayed there until probably around 5pm and then we left, I really could have stayed there another day I had soooo much fun! I loved all of the people there and was so comfortable with them by the time I left that I could kiss them on the cheek and say Happy New Year (they're Italian, therefore the kissing on the cheek), I sure hope I see them all again, they're my only "friends"... now I need to make some single friends so that there aren't any kids running around...jk!

2 comments:

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! We finally did find something to do! So you getting all settled in! I'm so glad you posted, it made me pretty happy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are working out great for you Jaimie! Yay! A few years ago we got to be in New York during New Year's...it was soooo fun...crowded, probably wouldn't do it again...but it was fun. We were up by Central Park when the ball dropped, so the ball was just a little dot in the distance...lol! You pretty much have to be in Time's Square around 4:00 if you want to be there for the ball drop. Hope things continue to work out for you...keep us posted on what you're doing!!

My Loyal Followers