Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh the weather outside is...AWFUL!

Well today school was delayed 2 hours because it had rained all through the night and everything was covered in ice! So instead of starting at 9:20am it started at 11:20am. It was kind of nice to do everything we usually do but at a much slower pace, we actually had time to taste our breakfast this morning! Actually I got up at the same time and so did Caroline (8 year old) so we played a little Skip-bo (a card game) before everyone started gettting up, she really likes that game and beats me quite a bit. Outside my car was all covered with ice and there were huge puddles in the driveway. But since I started my car well in advance to getting in, it wasn't too bad, you just had to slowly walk through the rain so that you didn't slip on the ice... I was afraid to drive at first, but it actually wasn't bad, well at least I didn't feel any ice on the road. Then we got to the school a little early and it wasn't open yet so they were telling you to keep the kids in the car and wait so there was a huge line, luckily we were second in line. I was happy that I had been early as I drove down the street and saw that there were at least 30-40 cars going all the way down the street waiting to drop their kids off...early bird gets the worm! Well hopefully the weather gets better because it's cold and wet! BLAH!!!

4 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

I understand how you feel. Luckily I have a good husband who scrapes the sidewalk, starts the car, and cleans the windows off so it is ready to go when I come out. I'm not so fond of driving in it either, but Rob loves it! You'll just have to find yourself a man who can handle it; or just live in Arizona for the rest of your life!

Tay said...

Someone actually beats you at skip-bo? Wait, i think that i have before... but it's still amazing...

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

I love how everyone says how cute your blog is. Makes me feel good! hahaha! I would prolly freeze there! You got a camera! Take some pics!!

My life, my worries.... said...

Ok, I am just writing here to complain ;) Could it be that someone forgot to tell me that Becca is pregnant? *loooool* j/k...

Sounds like you are having a good time so far in CT, hope it stays that way... (my nanny experience was just a catastrophe) btw: you really should put some pics on the blog :)

My Loyal Followers