Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My First Snow Day!

Today was my very first snow day EVER! Well of course that's because growing up in Mesa, AZ doesn't really give you a good reason to have one... I had always imagined snow days being a little more fun though, of course that was because I didn't imagine that I would be the grown up taking care of three kids!
The kids wanted to play in the snow so we got all bundled up for the cold and went outside and played for awhile. Me and Caroline made a pretty big snowman, who knew that snow could be SO heavy! Caroline was laughing at my horrible snowman building skills because basically I have none! I was always the kid who stayed inside the cabin when my siblings were playing in the snow because I didn't want to to get wet and cold! Of course now I live somewhere where it's cold and snowy! You get used to it!







Well after we played in the snow the kids stayed warm under a few blankets and watched a movie while I (and sometimes Caroline) worked on Caroline's science fair project. Her project basically told you how you would be a different age on another planet because we measure our age by the Earth's revolutions and so for instance Mercury revolves around the sun in only like 88 days so we would be a lot older just because the year would be 88 days instead of 365...get it?! And on the farthest planet we would be like point zero something years old just because it takes sooooo long for it to go around the sun! Basically this was Caroline's mom's science fair project, then mine, and then Carolines, if you put it in the order of how much work you put into it... but it was fun learning about all of this stuff





No comments:

My Loyal Followers