Tuesday, January 20, 2009

MLK Day!


Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr day so that means that the kids didn't have school. So Rosalind (the mom) decided that she wanted to take the kids to learn how to ski, I'm glad that Rosalind didn't want to ski because that would mean I would be skiing too and I haven't done it in so long that it's a very scary thought! Well we went to Mt. Southington, which is closer to the center of CT, so it was over an hour away. The kids were so excited to ski, it was cute! Well after taking all of the time to sign them up for class, get their boots and skis, and get them to their class I was ready to sit in the lodge and read my book! So Rosalind and I spent a good part of our day in the Lodge. Connor (6) and Christina (4) only had an hour long lesson and Caroline's (8) was 2 hours, so Connor and Christina came and ate with us after an hour, then when Caroline came back she took her ever lovin' time eating, Christina fell asleep on my lap while we waited for Caroline, I almost fell asleep too! They all loved skiing and want to do it again! Connor was even saying that he wanted to go again today after school. Well on the drive back we hit traffic and then it started to snow! What is it with this place and snowing so much?! So it took us even longer to get home and I was tired, it had been a long day full of hardly anything, you know how those days are? It's ok, I had fun, I love talking to Rosalind and there was definitely plenty of time for that because of all the driving and sitting in the lodge.

Well FHE was canceled because of all the snow I think, it's ok I might have been too tired anyways, I fell asleep at 10:00pm because I didn't have anything to do and I was tired! So I got 10 hours of sleep!

No comments:

My Loyal Followers