Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My room!

Well here are some pictures of the walls in my room! I didn't actually take pictures of my bed and stuff because they were kind of messy! But I've actually been keeping my room really clean lately, I love it when it's clean because then I don't have to worry if the kids want to come in or if my friends where to come over, better safe than sorry! So let's see what's on my walls!
Wall #1: My Mormon Wall!
It's hard to see exactly but this wall has a pic of the Prophet Thomas S. Monson, a picture of him and his counselors and a picture of Joseph Smith. The quote by the picture of Joseph Smith says "You knew he was a true prophet of God because you could not be in his presence without feeling the influence and Spirit of God which seemed to flow from him almost as heat does from a stove, You could not see it, but you felt it." -William Henrie, I got the picture and the quote from my 2008 calendar. And right next to the picture of Thomas S. Monson it says "We Thank thee, Oh God, for a prophet". On the other side is a picture of the beautiful Mesa temple, the family proclamation, and an amazing quote I memorized when I went to girls camp a couple years agob as part of the staff (not as a young woman)! The quote is, "I see young women, radiant in the beauty of youth, whose virtue is more precious than rubies--young women who are bright and who study with enthusiasm and diligence to learn the word of the Lord and also to equip themselves to take their places with honor and ability in the world in which they live. I see young women who know the word of God and can quote it; who know the standards of the Chruch and live by them; who have a sense of worth and a wondrous sensitivity to the beauties of life and nature, music and art; who treasure truth and seek to enlarge their understanding of it; who have determined that worthiness to enter the house of the Lord for a divine endowment and an eternal sealing is the most desirable of all goals. Can anyone doubt that there is something divine within such?" -Gordon B. Hinckley
And then all the way to the left of the picture by my door is a calendar that my mom made for our family with family pictures (I love it!) and right above it is the quote "Don't give up what you want most for what you want for the moment" and above that is just my daily schedule!

Wall #2 My Friend Wall!
For any of you who have ever been my roommate you know that I love to put the letters I receive from back home on my wall! So here I have a couple letters from my friend Mallory whose on a mission in Korea and some pictures she's sent, then I have my sister's wedding announcement, my neice's baby announcement, a card from my mom that came with a package she just sent me and a couple pictures. So...you know you want to send me a letter so that this wall gets filled up! It also has a quote that says "A friend is someone who knows you're a good egg even though they know you're a little cracked!"


Ok on the other half of Wall #2 is my New York City Wall! Soon this wall is going to be full of all the stuff I've done in New York City! So right now it has my Playbill and ticket from "Wicked", pictures of the Rock and the tree at Rockefeller Center, I have a map of the subways with my metrocard, The playbill, ticket, and 3-d glasses from the Radio City Rockettes show, my ticket to the museum on "Night at the Museum" and a pamphlet from there, and of course I have some skylines of the City!


Wall #3 My picture wall!
I did this once before up in Idaho but basically this is just a bunch of pictures that remind me of some really fun times! I need to get some more new pictures, a lot of these are a few years old!


Wall #4 my closet!
Haha I don't know what I'll do on this wall yet, but I'm sure it will be great! But in the meantime my clothes are organized by the colors of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) and no I'm not crazy, it just makes it easier to find shirts!

3 comments:

Kasey said...

You were way too young to give me a hard time! I'm talking about Angie and Keri. Those two were mean if they didn't like you!

Katie Spaulding said...

I know what you can do with your fourth wall! Make it an ode to Katie wall cause you love me so friken much!

Brittany Gain said...

now that is impressive jaimie!

My Loyal Followers