Monday, January 5, 2009

The Singles Ward...

So with a new life there of course comes a new Singles Ward... want to know how it went?! Well I google mapped the address for church and was a little worried, but it was actually quite simple to find. It's in New Cannan and I'm in Norwalk, it was only like 15 minutes away. Well I got there and I kind of just sat in a pew towards the back in the middle section and sort of got out my scriptures because well I didn't know anyone and I wasn't about to just meet random people... So I sat there and people started coming up to me because I was a new face and it's a small enough ward that you know everyone. So I met a few people and really liked some of the girls, there were only like 10 total guys so that's not so exciting...but I'll live! But one girl invited me to sit with her and introduced me to all of her friends, then I sat by one of her friends in Sunday School and Relief Society. They were all very nice and very inviting. I'm going to go to FHE tonight and see if I can get some actual friends to hang out with... I'll have to keep everyone informed on the friend status here in CT, so far it's Friends=0, sad day!

7 comments:

o said...

k i had no clue you were nannying on the other side of the continent. how exciting! sounds like you're having a good time. ive always wanted to A) go to CT. and 2) be a nanny. you are living my dream life for now haha. lucky girl!

Karisa Tomkinson said...

I love checkin' out your blog. I should probably comment more on it, but I just thought I'd let you know that! Looks like you are surviving pretty well thus far. Everything will just get better with time I'm sure! Love you!

Susanne said...

If at anytime you want a friend, CT is a quick drive away!! I think you should have your friend count at 1. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going well for you, Jaimie; I'm so glad! Your blog is way cute! I'll keep checking in...

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

So i'm very impressed with the blogging updates! Yay that you found the ward and met new people! Hopefully you'll find the man of your dreams there!!!

Stephanie said...

Better change that status, my dear!!! ;) Cute blog, too! I like it! You'll have to send me your e-mail address so I can invite you to mine.

Annie said...

off topic but out of curiosity... is the family you nanny for Mormon? How did you find the job?

My Loyal Followers