Sunday, March 27, 2011

Goodbye Candy...

For a week and half I've been doing a challenge that my mom challenged all my siblings with. Let me tell you, it's not for the weak minded! You have to have self-control! Here's what it is! There's a list of ten items you need to do each day, for each item you do each day you get a point, tally up the points and at the end of the week send your points to my mom. The ten items are: drink 48oz of water, exercise 20 minutes, 2 servings of fruits and veggies (each), no sweets or soda, no fast food or unhealthy snacks, no eating after 8pm, read scriptures 15 minutes, write in your journal, and then you're supposed to make a family goal and a personal goal. Well since I have no family ;) I made two personal goals, practice the piano for 15 minutes (I'm taking piano lessons) and go to bed by 11pm (trust me this is much earlier than the midnight and later I was previously going to bed at...).

Well!! I've been doing amazing! I carry my journal and water bottle around with me in my purse and always seem to be checking things off of my list! I like it because it gives me something to think about during the day, things I want to do. I haven't had candy, soda, or desserts of any kind in a week and a half! Plus I've been exercising nearly every day (if you exercise for 40 minutes it counts for another day). I love it because I feel happier and I have more energy! Sugar is not worth this feeling!



Here's a picture of my M&M's in the garbage! I don't need you! Even if you are filled with yummy peanut butter goodness! Leave me alone!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, ok. I'm commenting. I thought that this is a really cool idea. I just need to get some people to bring out my competitive side, so that I'll be a little more motivated to do all those "small things."

My Loyal Followers