Monday, September 6, 2010

New Nanny Job

I just started a new nanny position in New York. It's fun but it's scary at the same time! I loved my old job and I realized as I was interviewing for new jobs that I had it good. I had an employer that I had worked for long enough that she trusted me whole heartedly, I had kids who loved me and for the most part listened to me, I had friends who lived by me and I had easy access to. So a lot of the interviewing process was realizing that I had to gain someone's trust again, realizing that I had to learn how to live with a whole new set of people again, realizing that I had to get new kids to like me before they would even listen to me, realizing that I didn't have built in friends if I moved so far away. Kind of stresses you out if you really think about it!
Well after several interviews and several frustrated talks with Roz about the pros and cons about each one I was getting frustrated with my nanny agencies that I was with because they just weren't giving me the families I wanted to interview with. After weeks of that I realized that one of my friends in my ward was leaving her nanny position and the family she works for was interviewing nannies. She told me all about the family and how much she loved it and I was immediately interested in the position. I met with the mom on Monday night, met their daughter Wednesday afternoon, accepted the job on Wednesday night, moved in over the weekend, and started the job on Monday. Timewise it worked out perfectly for all of us and I really think I'm going to like this position a lot.
I'm going to be taking care of a 2 year old (she turns 3 next month). She is very cute and VERY smart! It will be really fun to get to know her and learn how to nanny just one child instead of the three I'm used to! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Becca Bingham said...

Looking at your pictures was fun and cute. I continued to scroll down to the other ones and noticed that I even missed Connor, Christina, Caroline, and Roz. I am so glad I got to come out and meet them. They were so fun and loved seeing their stories. I hope things continue to go well for you! Love ya!

My Loyal Followers