Saturday, November 20, 2010

Statue of Liberty

Look where I went today!!!


Ok so the reason I went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island today is because my ward planned it as a ward activity. Well I just got put into the activities committee a week ago and I said that I could go this activity so they put me in charge of meeting the group there. Well the facebook group that had invited the ward to the activity only had me as for sure going and then several other maybes, so being afraid I was going to be going alone I took my trusty sidekick Caroline! And guess what, we did do it alone! Two girls did it earlier then the group was supposed to do it and two girls where late, but that's ok Caroline and I had a lot of fun today!
Here we are on the Ferry, we were soooo cold because it was soooo windy!


Here we are listening to our headsets, we did an audio tour and it was really cool because it told us about everything and told us stories about some of the people who had passed through Ellis Island.



The view of New York City from the Statue of Liberty.



Caroline and Lady Liberty

If you ask Caroline what we did today she'll tell you this:
"We woke up at 7, got in the car, got on a train, got on a shuttle, then got on the subway, then got on a Ferry. Then we walked around for a while, got on a ferry, and walked around for even longer. After that we got on a ferry, got on a subway, got on a shuttle, back onto the train, and then into the car..." lots of traveling today!

No comments:

My Loyal Followers