Friday, November 5, 2010

Surprise trip to Arizona!

A couple months ago I learned that my little sister Katie had gotten the part in her high school musical "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" as the narrator, this is the main female lead. I was sooooo excited for her! So my parents, sister, and I decided that it would be really fun to book flights to Arizona so that we could surprise Katie and come and see the show. All of my siblings live in AZ except for me and Rebecca. We both of course told her that we WISH we could come but under the circumstances it just wasn't in our budgets to come, but Katie promised me that when I came home for Christmas she would sing some of the songs for me so that I could hear them!
Well Becca flew in late last night and to keep the secret she stayed at her best friend's families home (only a street away) and I flew in today around noon while Katie was at school. Conveniently Katie needed someone to come pick her up from school around 1:30, right when Rebecca and I were driving home from the airport. So my mom told her that my dad would pick her up because we were driving his car. So when Katie saw the car driving up she started walking towards it. I rolled down my window so that she could see me and she started running and yelled, "You came!" She was soooo happy and surprised! She looked past me at Rebecca who was driving and yelled "You both came!" she hugged me and then ran to Rebecca and by then Katie was crying she was so was happy we were there, Rebecca even started crying too. It was so fun to be able to do something like this for Katie. I always feel bad that I live across the country and I only see her a few times a year. I really wish that I could live out here and still be a really good big sister for her and be there when she needs me. Katie I love you so much and I'm soooo proud of you and everything you're accomplishing!

No comments:

My Loyal Followers