Monday, January 17, 2011

Boston

This weekend Casey and I went to Boston and had sooooo much fun! Here are some pictures!
We went to the Boston Museum of Science and it was fun to do all of the experiments. Here's one where it measures the air capacity in your lungs, you have to see how much air you can blow into the container in one breath.


This container started totally submerged and you blow air into it and then the girl measured how much you had blown into it.



Here's a view of Boston from one of the museum windows.



Casey looking at her ear and doing an experiment



They have a Lightening show that they do a few times a day and I told Casey that I remembered going to it a long time ago with my family and it was really cool so we should make sure we went, she agreed that it sounded cool. So we went and we were sitting in the audience and he asked for five volunteers, anyone who knows me knows that OF COURSE I raised my hand, Casey did not! I was one of the five who was picked. So he has us all stand up there and then he said that he's going to do a little experiment and asked if the girl in the green could help him, I was a little shocked that he was talking about me! So he explained different things about electricity and then told us about this machine that he has and how touching it should be a "hair raising" experience (hint hint) and so he had me touch it and then turned the machine on. Nothing happened. Immediately in my head I was thinking there was something wrong with me, I didn't feel any different and everyone had expected my hair to get all staticky.

But then he explained that just as fast as it was going into my arm it was coming out of me through my legs, so he had me stand on a box and this happened:

My bangs just stood up! It was so embarrassing! I was on a huge screen so tons of people could see it and I looked silly with all of my hair normal and my bangs just floating in front of my face! So I shook my head and this is what I looked like!


HOt huh?!
Then he was ready for the rest of the people who were there, he had the four people hold hands and the person on the end of the line put their hand up in a fist. Then I had to put my hand out and without even touching them I shocked them all, it was awesome and man did it hurt! You could see the electricity go between our fists, soooo cool!



The next day we did the beginning of the Freedom trail, it was fun to see so many historical places! Here's Boston Commons where the Trail starts.



Here's the lovely red line we just kept following! It was seriously sooooo cold that day! I joked that instead of being called the freedom trail it should be the FREEZING trail!



Here's one of the historical cemeteries

Where Paul Revere is buried

John Hancock is buried here also


and even Samuel Adams



Here's the inside of one of the old Church's, isn't that cool? That's where the preacher would stand and preach.



The next picture explains this one




Then we went to the Aquarium!


They had this huge tank in the middle that you could walk around, it was so cool!



Here I am picking up a hermit crab!





Crazy huh?









Love this fish!


And this random picture is because way back there in the distance is where the Boston Tea Party was, we just didn't feel like walking all the way there, we were tired!



Casey and I had so much fun!

No comments:

My Loyal Followers