Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene

This weekend Hurricane Irene/Tropical Storm Irene (whichever you'd like to call her) paid a visit to our lovely state of Connecticut!  Stores were overrun with people, you couldn't find D batteries anywhere, everyone was buying water, it was pretty crazy!

I spent the night at Roz's house and because they're painting the rooms upstairs here were our sleeping arrangements, Connor, Caroline, and I had a little sleepover downstairs in the family room and Christina was upstairs in her Mom's bed with her.  I woke up a million times in the night because I was thinking about the storm and what the rain/winds could be doing outside!


Connor watching the rain outside.  He was so nervous about the Hurricane all weekend that he followed his mom around the house and then I got there and gave him someone new to follow, let me tell you guys it would have driven you crazy!


A look down Roz's driveway
These HUGE branches fell off of one of her trees and we had to get saws out and clippers to cut them all up because they were just so big!
Ok, ok, this didn't fall down, we put it down just so the winds wouldn't do it for us.
Connor showing off the mess we call a driveway!
Their poor mailbox has seen better days!


Well after a long visit with Irene I finally tried to make my way home, which normally takes 12 minutes from Roz's home, but not when you run into these kinds of obstacles!  Irene was not very nice to us!


This was in the street and people were just driving past it


It took forever to get home and thank goodness I have a gps because I had to take so many roads I've never taken.  I'm pretty sure that most of CT does not have power.  It was interesting to walk into our home and have everyone sitting around the table with candles and flashlights!


This morning I went out to visit my cottage, there are big branches down all around it that you have to climb over get into the cottage but luckily none of them actually fell on the cottage, it survived!

No comments:

My Loyal Followers