Saturday, September 13, 2008

Books...



So on Wednesday I lost two of my school books! Ahhhhhh! I had had a test in Psychology and finished it in good time so I thought that I might discover all that MCC has, which is more than I would have thought... But anyways I went to the cafeteria place and bought something to eat while I waited for my next class, then I went to another area and started watching a baseball game on tv...just wasting time, because heaven forbid I actually do homework in between classes! Well I get to my Anatomy class listen to my boring teacher drone on and on and then at the end of class when I was packing up my stuff I realized I didn't have my Psych or Anatomy book!!!!! Where could it be? I had been to several different places before I went to class! So I decided to skip Anatomy lab and go find my books. Well I walk outside and it is literally pouring cats and dogs outside...my luck I know! So I see that it's not going to stop anytime soon so I just start running in it, I ran for like a minute and when I got to the cafeteria I was SOAKED (on a side note, it's really conveniant that I wear crocs to school and it's been raining a lot lately, crocs=wet feet)! Well the place I had eaten was closed but the place I had watched tv wasn't so I looked around there and, yep you guessed it, nothing! Well I talked to a guy that was working there and he said that a janitor had found something and taken it to security so maybe it was my books, optimistically I called the security office and nothing. Well I started talking to a guy who worked in the office who was sooo nice and offered to call the security office in the morning and see if there was anything, so I gave him my name and number. He looked at my last name and asked who my parents where, ends up he's married to my aunt's sister. Small World. Well the next day after work I went to the security office and started talking to them, see if anyone had found them. Of course not! I was so frustrated because I knew that one of my books has my name and number in the very front so someone would for sure call if it was found and they were honest people, but nobody called. Well the security office decided I should just put in a claim that they had been stolen, so I went through all of that tedious stuff and was not very optimistic this time. Well the guy I talked to gave me his card and told me to call him the beginning of next week if I haven't heard from him, well this time I looked at his last name and well he's my uncle's cousin, he's been to my house before...the world is now getting smaller! Well after that I went over to the cafeteria knowing my books wouldn't be there because they would have for sure turned them in by now, it had almost been 24 hours since I'd lost them. Well I went in there and asked the same lady who had been there the night before if she had seen any books and she asked me what my name was, I told her and she said that she did have a book that had my name in the very front! Thank you for writing my name in books!!! She made me show her ID to verify the name but then gave me my books! Thank goodness! I got lucky this time, no more leaving my books places from now on!!! So now I can actually do my homework and study, ugh...

Long story I know...sorry...

2 comments:

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

Ha dang that totally sucks! but good thing you found them cause those books are extremely expensive. i think you like have family everywhere! But im so proud of you that you are keeping up in your blogging! good job!

JaimieA said...

Chaya I keep up my blog just for you! Really I don't want any trouble! and yeah wouldn't that have sucked to have to spend at least another $200 on books I've already bought?

My Loyal Followers