Thursday, May 7, 2009

ok, scared to death!

Ok so I've been doing some yard work for Rosalind lately because she does it herself so I figured I have a lot more time than she does so I might as well do it! So yesterday I mowed the lawns and wow did it take forever! We cannot let the grass get that tall again! It was awful! Well today I was working on a side yard that she has that borders a small street. Her neighbor who lives on that street had complained to her that it was looking really bad and asked her to clean it up, she admitted to me that she hadn't even seen it in a long time! So I told her that I would do it, no problem right? Oh my gosh! It's taking forever! I really don't mind doing it actually I listen to books on my i-pod as I do the yard work so I've listened to the "The Giver", "A Wrinkle in Time" and I just started "Harry Potter 7". So today I was using the Weed Eater (um I think that's only what my family calls it, most would call it a hedger?!) and all of the sudden there was a snake! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I hate snakes more than almost anything!!! I seriously wanted to cry! Definitely didn't want to keep working that's for sure! Well I've been told that it was only a Garden Snake and that they're coming out of hibernation (THERE ARE MORE?!) and that it would go away...GO AWAY WHERE? I'M SO FREAKED THAT IF I LET IT SURVIVE IT WILL GO TO MY HOUSE! Well here's a picture of the snake, it's not small like I always pictured Garden Snakes to be...It was as thick as my thumb! Ahhh!!!

Well after the whole snake business I kept going cleaning up and got a lot done but sadly still have lots to do... ugh I've already spent 4 hours (two different days) on it! I had to stop because I had to get Christina from her bus and luckily I stopped because right after I picked her up from her bus it just started pouring! It was seriously raining cats and dogs all of the sudden... Now I need to take a shower because I'm a mess!

4 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

That's so funny just because it happened to you and not me! I probably would have felt the same way!

NiCole said...

Don't worry, Jaimie . . . they like gardens, not bedrooms. (Thus the name GARDEN snake.) Wear gloves, and keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

I wish I would have been there I would have caught it! ;) jk I want to see you tell this story in person! Oh and I can it a weed eater... lol

Stephanie said...

What a cute little snake! I love it! I agree with Deb. I woulda caught it!

My Loyal Followers