Monday, June 29, 2009

Cinderella!

This weekend the family I work for went out of town to visit their Grandmother. While they've been gone I figured I'd use my uninterrupted time to clean and organize their house...awful huh? I finally get peace and quiet and I use it cleaning out cupboards? There must seriously be something wrong with me! Or I've learned from the example of my mother how cleanliness and organization makes everything look and feel so much nicer! So I've cleaned out cupboards, refrigerators, drawers, garage, cars, rooms, and I'm soooo tired! Yesterday my friend and I cleaned the kitchen for like 8 hours, of course she had this obsession with trying to get the counters as white as she could and she spent HOURS on them and they only look slightly better! Let's see I still need to finish the family room, the cars, the garage, the weeding, go to the laundromat, and then I think I'll be happy...All of this before I go pick them up at the airport tomorrow night at 7:30... Now don't think my employer is making me do all of this, this is just some sort of obsession I have right now with helping her have less stress in her life and I guess I think a cleaned out fridge can do that!


Here's Lauren using an old toothbrush to clean the counters...now if you asked her she will probably start crying and tell you some sob story about how I made her scrub with a toothbrush while I sat on the couch watching a movie...the truth is that she was OBSESSED with these counters, I really didn't understand it. She spent hours using every different kind of cleaner we have to see what would make the counter the whitest! So while she scrubbed I cleaned out drawers, the fridge, and some cupboards...



Here are some of our clean, organized cupboards!




Anyone whose ever been here will be amazed at this picture, have you ever seen this counter so clean? I think not! And now it's even prettier because Lauren cleaned it SOOOOO well!

No comments:

My Loyal Followers