Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day!

Over here in Connecticut I tried to make Father's Day a fun day for the kids. Last night we bought a big singing card for their daddy and a bouquet of white flowers for their mommy. Then I had already bought a picture frame that holds 8 pictures and had found pictures of the kids and their dad, one of Roz (the mom I work for) and Paul (the dad), and one of the family. Then there's a quote that says, "Anyone can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy." So last night we figured out how we were going to have it all set up on the table for their mommy to see, signed the card for their daddy, and drew pictures for him. Here's a picture of what it looks like!


Then this morning because all of that stuff was a surprise for their mommy they wanted to have a surprise for me too, so Caroline (9 year old) made us pancakes and scrambled eggs, yummy! She also swept and mopped the floor for me, too bad I had just mopped yesterday, but now I'm sure it looks even better!

It was fun to see how much Rosalind loved the frame and flowers. I'm so glad I did this for her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good nanny! Good choice on the family pic too! They are with some pretty cool people in that one!

Anonymous said...

Jaimie you're so sweet!! Too bad I can't hire you as a nanny. I'm glad you were able to find such a great family to work for!

My Loyal Followers