Thursday, December 20, 2012

Visiting Sandy Hook

There's a group on Facebook named "Red Hearts for Connecticut" and they are putting hearts up on their front doors to show Connecticut and Sandy Hook how much they love them.  I love what they are doing and so I made a heart for my door and some to take to Sandy Hook for the people who are doing this all over the country.

Here's the one I put on my door


Sandy Hook is only a few towns over from me or twenty miles away, it was a sobering experience driving there today because as I drove through beautiful, quiet Connecticut I went through a few small towns and each of these towns had some sort of remembrance for Sandy Hook, their neighbor's whom they love, it was sooo touching!


These pictures don't do justice to the amazing magnitude of love that has been shown in Sandy Hook; there are thousands of gifts, teddy bears, flowers, cards, candles, crosses, hearts, etc that line the corner right off of the street where Sandy Hook elementary school is.


 I put this heart there so that I could add to everything, it's not much, but I needed a way to show them that I love them!  That something like this should NEVER happen again!






Stockings for each of the victims that would miss Christmas this year :(




As I was leaving town I saw this truck, this truly shows how the nation mourns for the loss of such precious souls!

It's times like this were I think about all that goes on in the world that I don't pay attention to, but now that it's in my own backyard it scares me so much that this kind of thing happens!  I hope that through this things can start to change!  No child or teacher should ever be afraid to go to school.

2 comments:

Calliandra Rasmussen said...

Thanks for posting this :) I loved seeing the pictures, and taking part in someone who went and placed a heart in sandy hook, when the rest of us can't go ourselves. <3

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you went - wish I could!

My Loyal Followers